My Panasonic Lumix GH5 just arrived today! I wanted to show some pictures of it and talk a bit about it. Keep in mind… I am NOT a film maker. I know enough about cameras to be a bit dangerous, but that’s it. I shoot videos of tornadoes in usually crummy low light situations that often don’t yield good video. That said, I am hopeful this camera will be a decent hybrid to allow for some still photography as well. Also, excuse the poor application of the screen protector… I had a few pieces of dirt I didn’t see I guess, will be getting a new protector soon 🙂
- This thing feels so good in the hands. It’s heavy enough you know it’s there but not too heavy. It’s grips are perfect even for my big hands.
- 4K 60p.. It’s here.. Really! 150mbps! My 1 minute video was about 1GB, just a bit more, so you know.
- Dual SD slots is great!! So often when chasing I will pull my SD to get my footage to the computer, so now I can swap back and forth.
- Really like how the screen, though only slightly bigger, has much more content on the menu at once. Makes it much easier.
- The rubber button for navigation is much nicer and really makes navigating quite easy.
- The viewfinder is definitely better quality (I know it has a better resolution, just meaning you can visually tell)
- Auto ISO seemed to respond really well in manual video mode
- Hookup to PC is USB type C
- Full size HDMI port
- In camera stabilization
- 4k 60P recording
- Dual memory card slots
- The same battery from GH4 appears to be same model as what’s in GH5. That’s good if you had extras
- The Panasonic DMW-MS2 microphone worked great.
- Charger/charge cable look the same