Update: Class Registration is now CLOSED.
It’s that time of year, where all chasers plan on coming together and discussing their battles with mother nature, and prepare for a new season, by gleaming new info from a host of experts and top chasers.
This year’s Chasercon is being hosted in Norman, OK, a big change of venue from the Denver, Colorado location of year’s past. The 18th annual National Storm Chaser Convention (ChaserCon) will be held Jan 22-24, 2016 at the Norman, OK Embassy Suites.
I will be doing a forecasting class on Friday, January 22nd. Here is what you should expect to learn about!
- Use of both short term and long term forecast models (such as RAP, NAM, and GFS)
- Use of satellite and surface observations to pick targets in short term
- Analyzing the environment using SPC mesoanalysis tools
- Basics of storm targeting, positioning and the actual chase
The Class Prices Are:
- $35 if registered for ChaserCon
- $60 if attending the class only